Board Meeting Minutes
Board Policy Manual
TASB On-Line Policy Manual
District Financial Transparency
| VERIBEST INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT |
NOTICE OF SCHOOL DISTRICT MEETING
BOARD OF EDUCATION - REGULAR MEETING
** Click Here for a Copy of the Upcoming School Board Meeting Agenda
Date: Monday, March 18th 2013
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Board Room, Veribest Elementary Building, West Side
10062 FM Hwy 380, Veribest, TX. 76886
1. Call to order by the President - Board President
2. Roll call of Board Members Present - Board President
3. Invocation/Pledge of Allegiance United States and Texas. - Board President
Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegianceto thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
4. Open Forum/Public Comments - Board President
5. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on the Minutes from February 18, 2013.
6. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on the February monthly bills as paid.
7. Administrator Reports:
a. Business Manager’s Report – Business Manager
b. Elementary Principal’s Report – Elementary Principal
c. Secondary Principal’s Report – Secondary Principal
8. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on Rebecca Maberry.
9. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on the “Guardian Program” licensed and trained
district employees authorized to carry concealed firearms.
10. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on Veribest ISD Board Policy update 96,
affecting local policies:
a. DEC (LOCAL): Compensation and Benefits – Leave and Absences
b. EFAA (LOCAL): Instruction Materials – Selection and Adoption
c. FEB (LOCAL): Attendance – Attendance Accounting
11. Discussion: (Action/No Action) to cancel Election for the Veribest ISD Board of
Trustees on May 11, 2013.
12. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on Addendum to Veribest ISD Board Policy CQ (EXHBIT)
Electronic Communication and Data Management.
13. Discussion: (Action/No Action) Education Service Center Region 15 Board of Directors Election.
14. Superintendent Report: - Superintendent
a. Track and Field Facility Construction Update
b. Refinishing High School Gym Floor
c. Results of the Annual District/Community Planning Session
d. One-to-One Laptops
e. Student Transfers
f. AVID Program
g. Education Service Center Region 15 Board of Directors Election
15. Executive Session for Personnel: Discussion: (Action/No Action) Board of Trustees may retire to
Closed Session to discuss personnel issues -
(Texas Government Code 551.074, 551.01 and 555.129) – Board President
a. Employmemt of Instructional/Other personnel (if any)
b. Resignation(s), Reassignment(s) and Retirement(s) (if any)
c. Proposed Non-renewal(s) (if any)
d. Certified Staff Contracts (Teacher, Teacher/Coach, Nurse, Counselor)
16. Reconvene in Regular Session
a. Approve as needed actions on items discussed in executive session
17. Future Business – Board President
a. Discussion: (Action/No Action) to schedule Regular Board Meeting on Monday, April 15, 2013
18. Adjourn – Board President
This notice was posted and filed in compliance with the Open Meetings Law on Wednesday,
March 14, 2013 at 4:00 P.M.
Note: >> Agenda items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this
If during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda
should be held in a closed meeting, the Board will conduct a closed meeting in
accordance with the Texas Open Meeting Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551,
Sub-chapters D and E or the Texas Government Codes section 418.183 (f). Before any
closed meeting is convened, the presiding office will publicly identify the section or
sections of the Act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions or decisions
will be taken in open meeting [See BEC (LEGAL) of adopted School Board Policy.]
The meeting will be held in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act [42 U.S.C. 12101 (1991)]. The facility where the meeting is to be held
is wheelchair-accessible, and handicapped parking is available. Request for sign
interpretive services are available upon request received at least 48 hours prior to the
meeting. To make arrangements for those or other handicapped services,
please call (325) 655-4912.
Respectfully Submitted for the Board of Trustees:
Mr. Robert Fryar
Superintendent of Schools
Veribest Independent School District
P.O. Box 490,
10062 F.M. Hwy.
Veribest, TX. 76886