Board Meeting Minutes
Board Policy Manual
TASB On-Line Policy Manual
District Financial Transparency
| VERIBEST INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT |
NOTICE OF SCHOOL DISTRICT MEETING
BOARD OF EDUCATION - REGULAR MEETING
** Click Here for a Copy of the Upcoming School Board Meeting Agenda
Date: Monday, April 21st 2014
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Board Room, Veribest Elementary Building, West Side
10062 FM Hwy 380, Veribest, TX. 76886
1. Call to order by the President - Board President
2. Roll call of Board Members Present - Board President
3. Invocation/Pledge of Allegiance United States and Texas. - Board President
Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegianceto thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
4. Open Forum/Public Comments - Board President
5. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on the Minutes from March 20, 2014 Regular meeting.
6. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on the March monthly bills as paid.
7. Administrator Reports:
a. Business Manager’s Report – Business Manager
b. Elementary Principal’s Report – Elementary Principal
c. Secondary Principal’s Report – Secondary Principal
d. Athletic Director’s Report – Athletic Director
8. Discussion: (Action/No Action) Discussion: Action/No Action on bid from Basic IDIQ to replace
exterior doors and hardware on the elementary campus.
9. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on bid from Basic IDIQ to replace windows on the elementary campus.
10. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on bid from Ener-Tel for upgrade and expanding our fire alarm system.
11. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on update on District Technology, Bill Merry.
12. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on Veribest ISD certified staff pay scale.
13. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on Instructional Material Allotment and TEKS Certification, 2014-2015.
14. Discussion: (Action/No Action) to purchase a Suburban, Expedition or equivalent.
15. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on Maintenance Agreement with Dell Software.
16. Discussion: (Action/No Action) to adopt a Board resolution to join TexBuy purchasing cooperative.
17. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on Interlocal Agreement Region VIII Education Center for TIPS
18. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on Student and Athletic Accident Insurance for the 2014-2015
19. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on PA system for Football field.
20. Discussion: (Action/No Action) on Policy Update 99, affecting local policies:
a. BDD(LOCAL): BOARD INTERNAL ORGANIZATION - ATTORNEY
b. BP(LOCAL): ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS
c. CFEA(LOCAL): PAYROLL PROCEDURES - SALARY DEDUCTIONS AND REDUCTIONS
d. CK(LOCAL): SAFETY PROGRAM/RISK MANAGEMENT
e. DAC(LOCAL): EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES - OBJECTIVE CRITERIA FOR PERSONNEL DECISIONS
f. EHDC(LOCAL): ALTERNATIVE METHODS FOR EARNING CREDIT - CREDIT BY EXAMINATION WITHOUT PRIOR INSTRUCTION
g. FFF(LOCAL): STUDENT WELFARE - STUDENT SAFETY
h. FFH(LOCAL): STUDENT WELFARE - FREEDOM FROM DISCRIMINATION, HARASSMENT, AND RETALIATION
21. Superintendent Report: - Superintendent
a. TEA review of financial audit
b. TASB Summer Leadership Institute
c. TASB Spring workshop
d. District/Community Planning Session
e. Staff appreciation meal
f. Coaching Stipends
22. Executive Session for Personnel: Discussion: (Action/No Action) Board of Trustees may retire to
Closed Session to discuss personnel issues -
(Texas Government Code 551.074, 551.01 and 555.129) – Board President
a. Contract for Certified Staff (Teachers, Teacher/Coach, Nurse, Counselor)
b. Certified Elementary Staff resignation
23. Reconvene in Regular Session
a. Approve as needed actions on items discussed in executive session
24. Future Business – Board President
a. Discussion: (Action/No Action) to schedule Regular Board Meeting on Monday, May 19, 2014
25. Adjourn – Board President
This notice was posted and filed in compliance with the Open Meetings Law on Monday,
April 21st, 2014 at 3:00 P.M.
Note: >> Agenda items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this
If during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda
should be held in a closed meeting, the Board will conduct a closed meeting in
accordance with the Texas Open Meeting Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551,
Sub-chapters D and E or the Texas Government Codes section 418.183 (f). Before any
closed meeting is convened, the presiding office will publicly identify the section or
sections of the Act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions or decisions
will be taken in open meeting [See BEC (LEGAL) of adopted School Board Policy.]
The meeting will be held in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act [42 U.S.C. 12101 (1991)]. The facility where the meeting is to be held
is wheelchair-accessible, and handicapped parking is available. Request for sign
interpretive services are available upon request received at least 48 hours prior to the
meeting. To make arrangements for those or other handicapped services,
please call (325) 655-4912.
Respectfully Submitted for the Board of Trustees:
Mr. Robert Fryar
Superintendent of Schools
Veribest Independent School District
P.O. Box 490,
10062 F.M. Hwy.
Veribest, TX. 76886